Open Call for Volunteers
Gallery 1265 is currently recruiting for volunteers to join our 2016/17 team as Gallery Assistant and Exhibition Assistant positions. Positions duties include: opening and closing the gallery, assisting with installation and removal of artworks, inventory and many more. These are unpaid volunteer positions and are open to both undergraduates and graduates in any field of interests and studies. Positions are available from September to February duration with a minimum commitment of 1 shift a week. Volunteers will fully inducted into the team as well as being offered training opportunities and most importantly meet new people!
Exhibition Assistant volunteers will be able to directly engage in the handling and install of curated exhibitions under the supervision of the Exhibition Coordinator.
Key tasks will for this position will include:
- Promoting and integrating projects on the website, facebook, twitter etc.
- Support in installation/take down of exhibitions.
- Provide full support to the Exhibition Coordinator
- Shared invigilation of exhibitions.
Gallery Assistant volunteers will engage in preparation and execution of events, openings and closings under the supervision of the Gallery Attendant/Animateur.
Key skills for this position will include:
- Assisting in taking minutes at staff’s meetings.
- Liaising and supporting Gallery 1265 artists.
- Attendant the gallery including opening and closing.
- Oversee lost prevention and safety awareness inside the gallery
- Keep track of the people coming and leaving the gallery for record keeping
To apply, simply send a CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position, and what areas you are specifically interested in to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest!